After dispatching rival Florida in the regular-season finale Saturday night, Florida State moved back into the top 4 behind Georgia, Michigan and Washington Tuesday night in the latest College Football Playoff rankings.
Author: Michael
Jonathan Smith has officially taken over as the head football coach at Michigan State. And he’s being paid handsomely for it.
The 44-year-old inked a seven-year contract worth $52,850,000. That includes his annual base pay of $6 million and supplemental income that starts at $1.25 million his first year and increases by $100,000 annually.
He could also make up to an additional $1.96 million in performance bonuses.
Got our guy.#GoGreen pic.twitter.
The penultimate College Football Playoff rankings were released on Tuesday ahead of conference championship weekend.
Georgia retained the No. 1 spot after escaping Bobby Dodd Stadium with a 31-23 victory against Georgia Tech in “Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate.” The Bulldogs will face their stiffest competition of the season when they travel back to Atlanta for a matchup against No. 8 Alabama in the SEC championship game.
Michigan jumped to No. 2 after knocking off Ohio State in “The Game,” punching its ticket to its third consecutive Big Ten title game on Saturday against No.
One week after dropping to No. 5, the undefeated Seminoles moved up a spot after Ohio State fell to Michigan. Conference championship weekend will be gigantic for the final rankings.
Giants quarterback Tommy DeVito has become quite the NFL star since taking over the starting role in New York.
The 25-year-old has had a handful of viral moments already, including this past weekend when his family attended the game. But, one of the big storylines surrounding DeVito is that he still lives with his parents.
Comedian Tracy Morgan, a notable Giants fan, spoke on Inside the NFL and the crew asked his opinion on DeVito’s current living situation. Morgan, who at one point in his career lived with his parents, didn’t think this was necessarily a bad thing.
Mark Cuban said last year that he wanted to partner with Las Vegas Sands to build a new arena for the Mavericks in a resort and casino.
Hornets guard LaMelo Ball is expected to miss “extended time” after spraining his right ankle, The Athletic’s Shams Charania reported on Tuesday.
ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski added that Ball will likely be out for “multiple weeks” and will be further evaluated for the team to figure out a specific timeline of his return.
While missing the star guard will make the coming weeks tough for Charlotte, Ball did not suffer a fracture in his ankle like he did last season.
Last year’s fracture, which also happened to his right ankle, caused him to undergo surgery and miss 46 games.
San Diego State is targeting Colorado offensive coordinator Sean Lewis to be its next head coach, with a deal expected to come together soon, according to ESPN’s Pete Thamel.
Lewis started this season as the primary play-caller for the Buffaloes’ offense under head coach Deion Sanders. He was Sanders’s first assistant hire after the Pro Football Hall of Famer was named Colorado’s head coach ahead of the 2023 season.
Now, Lewis is set to replace former Aztecs head coach Brady Hoke, who retired after four seasons at SDSU.
Former Razorbacks head coach Bobby Petrino, 62, has agreed to become the next offensive coordinator at Arkansas, sources told ESPN’s Chris Low, with an official announcement expected later Tuesday night from the SEC school.
Michael Pina from The Ringer joins Dan Devine to talk about enjoyable NBA things (Point Book!), mystifying NBA things (Chet Holmgren!) and things they want to know from a crystal ball (will Zion return to form?).